Sunday 18 August 2013

Book Review: Amreekan Desi

Image courtesy of http://book.amreekandesi.com/
We received this book from the Readers Cosmos to do a review.

This book is about 2 guys who have passed out of engineering in India and have applied to the US universities to do their masters.

How many people do you know who have gone to the US to do their higher studies? All my college mates and pretty much everyone I know is in the Land of Opportunities. I'm probably one of the few who stayed back in India.

I could easily relate to this book and can confirm that I know of people who have been on one of the situations described in the book.

The story revolves around Akhil Arora and Jaspreet Singh aka the Jazzminator. They turn out to be roommates and couldn't be poles apart. Akhil becomes more Indian than he's ever been in his entire life living in India and Jass becomes a pseudo american from eating burgers to wanting to marry someone like Pamela Andersonji.

It captures the hilarious moments of the cultural differences from something simple as capsicum being called bell pepper in the States.

This is a fun afternoon read and I'm sure everyone would have a good laugh.

I have friends who are either Akhil or Jass and I would like all my Amreekan Desi friends to read this one.

My rating: 3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment